Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 11

"People often say that inspiration doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing. That's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar

Today has been up and down. Had to be up early to take daughter's dog and cat in for their dentals. They drop off early. Since I quit my job a year ago October, I don't really do early. I mean, I'm up at the butt-crack of dawn to let the dogs out, but then I go back to bed! (As do they, I might add.) When Hubs is in the field then I'm up a bit earlier, but generally not in full makeup and decent clothing and ready to meet the public.

Drop off completed, I came home and fixed myself a nice full breakfast. I even went so far as to make the "buttermilk" biscuit recipe in the 21 DSD program manual. It wasn't anything to write home about, but they didn't spread as bad as some other people who had posted pictures and they were better with the eggs and sausage than... just eggs and sausage. If I fry my eggs I want them to have a fluid yoke and I love to dunk my toast in said fluid yoke. Having to give up the breads (EVIL BREAD) I needed to have something with which to dunk! It worked... not toast, but close enough to get me by. I think when I reheat in the toaster it may have more of the texture of an english muffin (I hope).

After breakfast and thoroughly cleaning the kitchen (it was badly in need of it) I went to do some errands. Some of which was picking up a few specialty foods/items that I decided I needed after several days of this life change. (Notice I didn't say "diet"...)

Home again and waiting for the critters to be ready for pick up.

Got creative for supper. Made my usual beef stogonoff recipe only substituted the one non-compliant ingredient (flour) with arrowroot for thickening. I made the regular egg noodles for Hubs, but I warmed up some leftover spaghetti squash and used that for my "noodles". It was really good! I like the squash because it really doesn't have a strong flavor, but rather makes a base to use for other sauces. Daughter says she fries some up and uses cinnamon on it... haven't tried that yet, but it sounds delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment