Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 0

"A year from now, you will wish you had started today." - Karen Lamb

I decided I've been pretty rough on myself the past year. About two years ago I got down to a weight I hadn't seen since high school. Now, I'm 58 years old so that was quite a big deal! Actually, I was smaller than I had been in high school. I was buying size 2 jeans and medium tops. I was 130 lb. and felt pretty good. I have been a type 2 diabetic for 25+ years and I was to a point I was almost all but off my meds. I was walking 5-10 miles a day and I felt great.

What happened? I'm not sure. Gradually stress started sneaking in on me and I am a huge stress eater. My go-to stress food? Sugar. Pepsi. Cocoa. Warm white bread with butter. Chocolate in most any form. White potatoes. Chicken and noodles. You're getting the picture. At first it was only on weekends... then my work days were so stressful it was time to get out the real pop not get by with the sugar substitute ones. Over the course of the last couple of years I ballooned back up. No, I haven't gotten to my highest high of 225 lb. I haven't even gotten to my second highest of 195 lbs. I got a little too close for comfort, though. I heard about this 21 Day Sugar Detox on Facebook. It is a program developed by a woman to get off all sugars - even the hidden ones in food. You give up all the artificial sweeteners, most fruit (just for the 21 days) and eat "clean". Her program is based on the Paleo diet. Also, at the same time, my cousin had been trying to get me to get with her supplement program called "Thrive" by  Le-Vel. Never heard of them, but it is all natural and gives you a lot of energy. I think there is green tea extract and a bunch of other good stuff to keep you going. At any rate, I bit the bullet and decided to do them both. The 21 Day Sugar Detox (21 DSD) group is starting tomorrow,  January 5 and I'm going to start the Thrive then as well.

Lucky you... This is where I'm gonna spew.

No comments:

Post a Comment